I MUST BLOG MORE OFTEN!!! I blog for no one but family who are near and far away and friends who care about our pretty normal life and honestly I blog for me. I don't journal otherwise so this is it.
Let's start with Christmas.
Our Ryeigh's (as Addie calls her) first.
Can you spot the cute little package on the couch? No not you Jim (although you're cute too) I mean the other couch.
Ryleigh knew just what to do with the gifts. She loved it and really had a fun time with Grandma, Grandpa, Nanna and all her cousins, Aunties and Uncles.
She liked the paper the best!So our January was a little nuts. We had many happy and wonderful things going on and some scary stuff.
First though we have two very special girls who have birthdays.
Brae's is Jan 11 she turned 8 and that of course is an extra special birthday for us as she was also baptized this month. Braelynn is such a spunky marvelous person. She is happy and funny. She is quite spiritual. Sitting beside her and being with her as she changed into dry clothes after the baptism and as she held my hand and spoke of her experience I could really feel how important this day was to her. She cares so much about others and we are blessed to have her in our family.






Kelsie turned 6 on Jan 21 but if you ask her she will always turn to me and ask "Am I six or eight?" I think she is confused because she has her day so close to Brae. She can tell you how old everyone else is just not herself. So funny.
I had an appointment to get my hair highlighted that day so I thought it would be fun to take her with me and I couldn't make her just sit there without getting something done so here we have her beautiful pink hair.
She loved it.


She had a great time at her party.
I just want to say how much I love this kid. She is honestly the coolest kid. She is so very funny and she loves life. Once last yr I was visiting her pre school class and a little girl came up to me and said "Everybody loves Kelsie" she paused then said "It's cause she's so nice to everyone" It's true! She is such a sweet happy child, so full of life and joy.


So there were a couple scary parts of the month...I sang in sacrament meeting, I gave a talk the next week in sacrament and scariest of all our sweet crazy Addie had surgery on her lip. When she was born there really was no sign of anything but throughout her first month of life her lip started growing it really just loooked like a nursing blister but we soon found out that she had a something called a hemangioma. We really were blessed it didn't grow too big. It really looked like she had fallen on her mouth or that as many a stranger would comment "Did your mommy punch you in the mouth" Ha Ha so funny stranger.

We have seen a dr every yr since she was born and this yr they decided it was time to do something. They want to take some but not all of the H because these will actually slowly go back down as the children grow. Addie's just wasn't really going down and it was causing some problems with her front teeth and her lip was always chapped and sore. She called it broken. She would ask me questions like "Where's your lip" and I would point at my lips and say "well they are right here" and she would say "Nooooo you don't have a lip I have a lip" It was a hard choice but we knew it needed to be done and the Dr said he would if it was his babe so here we went...

She was actually quite excited at first then she started getting bored and wasn't sure anymore.

It was really interesting to me to get to go in with her as they put the mask on her to put her to sleep. Her little body really fought the anesthetic and she was stretching and flailing around it kindof unnerved me but I knew she was in good hands.

After the surgery I was in the hallway they were coming down and I could hear her crying and complaining about the numb lip and the yucky stitches. As she came around the corner she had a blue popsicle in her hand and she held onto that popsicle for about 45 min. I would ask if she wanted me to hold it or put it in a cup for her but she would just yell at me "NO" Or I would ask if she wanted her stuffed puppy or horse and she would look at me with a look that could melt her Popsicle and yell "NO" She kept asking to "Go home to Grandmas house" (we were staying at Gran and Gramps Jackson's)
She was MAD!!! We got some Codeine into her and within the hour she was happy as a clam. So even though we were originally going to be stayin overnight we asked to go home and they let us.


After she walked around a bit and got a second dose of codeine in her we took her home. She was bouncing off the walls after that.

The next night we were at home Mark and I were getting ready for bed at 2:30am (I know ridiculous) Addie came into the room as she often does and we both had said go back to bed we will come sit with you but before we had a chance to go to her she started screaming. Mark ran in and grabbed her and came into the bathroom where I was getting ready for bed and she was bleeding from her lip. She had ran into her room and hopped into bed and hit her face on the plastic side of her toddler bed. I was panicky and Mark was calm and so good. We wrapped her in a blanket and I ran her to the Raymond hospital. (LOVE IT by the way) She had popped just a small amount of her lip. No stitches just around them a little. It was scary but it calmed her down a little. Now when she is running around we can use that to calm her.
I am so grateful for good dr's and nurses. I was getting sick being worried about this surgery. I love this kid. Such a ball of fire but when she slows down she is as sweet as they come. The other day she said to us "Oh no you didn't" with as much attitude as she could muster (and she can muster alot of attitude) She kills me!!
Sorry this is so long but I can't stop now.
Jack was just in the grade four play about many of the great composers of the past. She portrayed Franz Schubert. I love watching my girls on stage whether acting or dancing, many times I am brought to happy tears, this was no exception.
She was great. Many of the "composers" had to do a little rap and we missed taping it so we came home and had her redo it for us.



Isn't she gorgeous...maybe I'm bias but seriously she is stunning!!
Last but not least SHE FINALLY HAS A TOOTH!! That's all! She is a doll but really has been down for the last couple days. Just not feeling good with teething and the little cold that has come along with it.

We love you all and hope life is going wonderfully. Thanks for reading and caring. Sorry again it is so long, I really need to blog more often. Just gotta do it. Till next time...Jenn
6 comments:
So cute. Your babes are all so beautiful. I am excited to come down. Probably the 25th.
So nice! We love your little ladies so much. You are such a great mom!! love your mom
I like your blog. The video was cool and the cakes were wonderful. I love Kelsie in her dance costume. (But really I am having my mom write this because I came out of my room after I was tucked into bed and am trying all the stall tactics I can.) I was also wondering how you make your background on your blog. It is very beautiful. Love, Anna
yeah another post!! I love your family and your five sweet girls!! I miss you all! living on the outer banks !! Your kids are beautiful and so are you!! love ya! Beautiful cakes too! talented hot mama!! ttys
ps your on my ipod your famous now! love your songs!!
Jenn your cakes are all so awesome!!!! Like Cake Boss awesome! That must have been so nerve wracking to have your daughter in surgery, I am glad it all went well. Your girls are all so stunning! They all look so much alike to me.
Post a Comment