Saturday, September 6, 2008

Jack is 8

She's 8. My beautiful baby, my gorgeous girl.
I can't believe how old she is. We had a great day. We were going to have a small slumber party and then decided we wanted to include more friends than we had originally planned. Went from 4 friends to 16. INSANE!!! It was lot's of fun though. We made it a pajama party! Sent out little pajama invites. We painted pillow cases and just ran around screaming and playing hide and go seek in the dark basement. Real party!!
Made a bed cake. That was a party to make on its own. Took me like 5 hrs. Turned out pretty cute though. On that subject I have to say I have the best friend ever!!! Thank you Christi you are my hero. Always!! She always saves me. While I was working on the cake she just went crazy and cleaned so much. Many things I was just giving up and not going to do. I LOVE YA!

12 comments:

carly said...

Happy Birthday Jack! It is hard to believe you are 8!!

Really cute cake Jenn! you are a great momma, party of the year forsure! Jackson is so pretty in that last picture, she really is grown up!! (kelsie's face in that picture is classic)

Kristy said...

Holy Super Mom. Check out that cake!! Wow. And, although it was probably crazy, the memories that were made with 16 kids there, Jack will always remember. Happy Birthday little Jack! (How long did the kids stay in the am?)

ehjenn said...

We didn't have them sleep over. They left at 10:30 pm. That's why we changed it. Too crazy to have 16 kids sleep over. We did end up having one girl sleep over cause her parents were being sealed in the morn. So Jack got a sleepover anyway. Thanks sistas. Love ya.

The Five Jacksons said...

Wow! You set the bar pretty high! Looks like a lot of fun!
Jadi

Ashley said...

Happy birthday Jackson! Holy party! Jenn, I need to hang out with you so that your domestic ways can rub off on me. What a cute cake and good idea for the invites. You really do set the bar pretty high!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jack!

I am so glad that your cake turned out just how you wanted it to. I love how well the chocolate bars worked so well for the head board!

Thanks for all the Super Saturday ideas!

Christal said...

happy birthday you are an amazing mom !! I love the cake it is awesome! You seroiusly are the best mom ever those are some lucky beautiful girls you got! ttys

Kendra@My Insanity said...

That cake is amazing! So cute! I don't blame you for not having them sleepover. My daughter had about 7 friends spend the night this year and that was enough chaos! Such a fun party! I'll have to remember it for future reference.

Unknown said...

I'm trying to make a bed cake and yours is the cutest of the few I've found. What is the headboard made of? CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! Hope you can give me some tips :)

Thanks, HB

heather@crafteegirl.com

TinaLaRae said...

HOLY CRAP! You go all out! Love the idea...I may use it for one of my girls birthdays.

Also glad to have met you and thanks for inviting us over it was soooo fun! Hope to do it again, not that I'm hinting or anything but you are a great Hostess!

Christal said...

yeah you made it on tip junkie awesome you deserve it!!! Looks great!! love it

lynz said...

you must be crazy - 16 little girls for a slumber party?!? you are the coolest mom ever :) and wow - that cake is amazing!