I won!! My friend Mandy had a little contest on her blog. It is called "Pay it Forward". So now it is my turn.
Here's how it works. Anyone who leaves a comment on the blog will be entered into a draw for something that comes from the heart that is made by yours truly. There are three winners.
I would like the blog to be comment worthy so here goes,
I love to read but I never know what books to get, I really enjoy romantic type but more like church writers like Anita Stansfield. Also really like suspense and drama. Any ideas???
Haven't really read much in quite a few years. Just starting up again.
When I started my blog it was and really still is just mostly info for our family who are far away, thus the many pics and blogs about my kids. This of course is what I love to blog about cause it is what I know and love. However quite a few of my friends who blog do so much more than just blog about their kids and fam. I love it, I really get to know these people and they are always very entertaining and informative. I have thought about it I just don't think I am really all that interesting. What do I really have to say that others might be interested in? My whole life is so just here in this house and with these little people. My biggest issue is that I have no ideas of what to talk about. So if there any ideas of what I should be blogging about?
Ok, so comments commence!!
10 comments:
I read a few good books lately. I read the twilight series and loved it it is so awesome and they are making it into a movie that comes out 12-12-08. The Author is Stephanie Meyers who is LDS but it is not a church book. I also read Escape which is about a woman escaping from polygamy, it was a very interesting view. Anyways I love ya and have some pictures of some painted toes I want to email you, you got me hooked!
I think you should read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyers, and anything by Jodi Picoult. Also, I think that what you blog about is just great. :)
Mandy
THat's totally freaky that you know another Mandy! I would NOT suggest the Twilight series because I've never read them and are not really into vampire things. For a second I thought that maybe someone was playing a trick. I'm a little tripped out with the fact that there's another Mandy that posted a comment....whoa! So just take me out of the running totally because I don't want to win again and take away the chance for someone else to win.
For things to post on, you could always do a blog about random things about you. What's your favorite color? food? thing to do for yourself? do you have themes in any of your rooms in your house? why did you choose to live in raymond? what made you fall in love with your husband? where and how did you meet him? what do you remember about being a mother for the first time? any achievements in your life? specail talents? stuff like that is always good to blog about. It can get the juices flowing. I know you have a theme to your kitchen but I have forgetten what it is. Is it apples??? I'd like to do something around that theme for you for your gift. So let me know.
Twilight is not your typical "vampire" book. It is actually a love story. A teen age love story. A vampire who refuses to take any human lives and a mortal who loves him. It is a fun book series.
I am very interested in the twilight series - I have a couple of books on my nightstand that I need to get through first. I am reading an intriguing book called "The Memory Keepers Daughter" about a Doctor in the 60's who delivers his wife's twins and realized that the girl has Down Syndrome and quickly gives her to the nurse to take to an institution (and tells his wife she died) and keeps the healthy son. I am about halfway done, I will give you the book when I am all finished (if it is worth it - so far YES). I agree with Mandy - I have read quite a few of Jodi Picoult's novel recently, all very different and interesting. You know me, I love Mary Higgins Clark!! James Patterson is always good for summertime, by the pool. I read a racy (but clean) JP book while in Hawaii and gave it to Dad. Borrow it. You will read it in a day!
Now on to what to blog about!! You know that I am in the same predicament (considering the date of my last post) but I love my nieces!! I love the cute stories that you tell. You are a very good story teller! You know I love you! I better win (just kidding)!!
I just realized that if I win, I have to "pay it forward"!! Uh-oh.
I too will tell you to read the twilight series! I have read them twice! Love them (I have actually told you to read them before) a none LDS book that is very sweet is one called "The Undomestic Goddess" by Sophie Kinsella or another good one by her is "Can you keep a secret" (although this is my . If you have never read Pride and Prejudice you really should! "The Devil wears Prada" is a good book (much better then the movie). Clair M Poulson is a good LDS murder mystery authour. I don't know if you read Anita Standfield's "A time to dance" series, I loved them, they will make you laugh and cry. You may find this funny... but you should read the Harry Potter books. They are SO good! you could even read them with some of your girls.
Things you should post about... well you have more exciting stuff to post then i do... but I like what your friend does with the favorite Friday's... I have thought about doing it myself. You can blog about the books that you read, write reviews for all of us, The movies you see, old and new. you can write about recipies that you make, let us in on your cooking secrets. And of course we ALWAYS love to hear about your girls! they are so cute!! Anyways sista! I love you tons!
I would HIGHLY reccomend Jodi Picoult. That's the funny thing...that's why I thought someone was playing a joke on me because I just finished reading one of her books and then I read your blog.
I read The Memory Keeper's Daughter. It wasn't my favorite but it was interesting.
I like Anita Stansfield too. I just finished reading one of her books. I don't know what else to suggest. I like Nora Roberts but not all of her books are as "clean" as others. Other LDS authors I like are Jennie Hansen and Rachel Ann Nunes. They're both really good.
Lately I have read anything and everything by Dr. Seuss or Mercer Meyer. I also enjoy the entire Sandra Boynton collection.
Ask me again in 5-6 years when I actually get to be the one deciding what I read!!!
Post a Comment